2021-2022 SWMO Basketball Future50 Photoshoot
2021 FUTURE 50 PHOTO SHOOT
Sunday, October 17th and 24th at 417 Athletics, 300 W Hayward Dr, Mt Vernon, MO 65712.
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM - Seniors (Class of 2022)
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM - Juniors (Class of 2023)
2:30 PM - 4:00 PM - Sophomores (Class of 2024)
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM - Freshman (Class of 2025)
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM - 8th Grade (Class of 2026)
2:00 PM - 3:30 - 7th Grade (Class of 2027)
3:30 PM - 4:00 PM extras
Players will wear a school basketball uniform (jersey and shorts) to the photo shoot. You may obtain those from the coach or athletic director of your school.
NEW FOR THIS YEAR
- In the past, we charged an extra $20 for the digital photos taken by the photographer. The majority of families who signed up opted to pay the extra money for the digital photos, so we are now including the digital photos with your order for an additional $10, which is $10 off the cost in the past, savings for you! You may use the image for sharing on various social media platforms. There will be a gallery on the photographer's Facebook page for you to access and download. Go "like" Brian's page so you will know when he posts the images. The link is https://www.facebook.com/BrianDerenskiPhotography. You will also be able to find the link from our Facebook page.
- Senior players (Class of 2020) may sign up for $20, a $10 discount. More details below, under "COST"
- Senior players may also enter in their achievements during their high school career which will be included in the yearbook, as well as any statistics you want to include. Specific examples include "Mid-Lakes First Team All Conference 2019-20" or "Ozarks Conference All District 2018-19", or "First Team All State 2019-20". List any and all pertinent individual accolades you have received. Examples of statistics are "15 ppg, 8 rpg in 2019-20 season", or "43% on 3 pointers", or "85% from the free throw line", etc. We will include as much as possible but some may be omitted due to space constraints.
$30 Fee: includes a digital photo you can use for social media, inclusion in the 2020-2021 yearbook, and one copy of the Future 50 Yearbook. The cost for seniors (Class of 2021) will be $20, a $10 discount. You must click on the appropriate box when you sign up to receive the discount.
$10: extra yearbook copies (Scroll to bottom of the page and click on Yearbook to order additional yearbooks).
Photos will be taken at the event via Brian Derenski Photography. Brian is our new photographer and is very tech-savvy and excellent at what he does. He has done the photography for several area schools in various sports, so you may already know about his work. His website, which includes several examples of his photography, can be seen at https://www.brianderenski.com/
You will be able to purchase photo packages through Brian once the photos have been edited and uploaded to the ordering gallery. There will be a specific website for that purpose. We will email everyone the link to the ordering website as well as provide that information on social media. Be sure your email that you input when you sign up is correct in order to receive the links.
We ask that everyone who plans to attend to sign up online so that we will know exactly how many are coming and can schedule accordingly. This process also helps expedite the process when you come to the facility for the photo shoot. You can either bring your receipt, which will be emailed to you when you sign up, or simply provide the player's name which we will cross reference with our list of who is registered and paid, without having to fill out anything or make payment.
Due to any concerns about COVID 19, we will not be doing actual group photos this year. Brian uses green screen technology to assemble and composite the individual pictures into a group photo for each gender and class. His process conforms to the Greene County Health Department for physical distancing. These composite group photos will also be available for purchase in the photographer's online gallery. This process takes more time than just taking a traditional team photo.
- Please make sure all information is accurate when you sign up online. If your address changes please let us know so we will know where to ship the Future 50 yearbook.
- The deadline to register online will be Sunday, October 10th at midnight for Sr, Jr, So.
- The deadline to register online will be Sunday, October 17th at midnight for Fr, 8th, 7th.
- If you sign up and pay for the event, but end up being unable to attend for any reason, we will issue a full refund.
- The yearbooks will be delivered/mailed out once we receive them back from the publisher. We will be on their timeline as far as that goes but we expect to receive the yearbooks and have them all distributed within 10 weeks after the photo shoot.
- Why do we charge a fee? Publishing and mailing a yearbook of this quality is incredibly expensive and time consuming. We do not have a large enough staff to attempt to sell advertising throughout the region in order to raise funds in the traditional sense. The $30 fee helps pay to print the yearbook, and mail it, as well as compensate the photographer and staff who invests their time taking the photos and developing them, emailing the digital photos, making invitations. laying out and formatting the yearbook, and then delivering and mailing the yearbook out when published.
We know it’s not a perfect process, but it has helped us produce a first-class publication for ten years and we hope it has added a memento to our area athletes scrapbooks.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Future 50 Photo Shoot & Yearbook is an invitation only event. Invitations will be completed throughout the month of September and October. SWMOBasketball does accept recommendations at email@example.com. Please note your athlete may be on our invite list, but it may take time for the SWMOBasketball staff to complete invites. If you feel that your athlete should be invited, please email us and provide us with a coach's name and contact information for reference along with the name, school, and class of the player.